Friday, August 22, 2008

5 bottles and a boobie

Ok how many of you hate the word boobie? I actually dont like it that much myself LOL. I am not even sure if that is how you spell it.

To the point, last night Luke took 5 bottles and did a 20 nursing session on mommy! I talked to the nurse this morning and apparently they had him on a nipple/gavage/nipple/gavage schedule and his orders are now nipple/nipple/gavage/nipple/nipple/gavage. I dont really understand why he is being gavaged at all at this point, but since I am rooming in tonight havent asked about it. Hopefully it will be moot anyways. Now I am waiting on the nurse to call me back with the official room in order and a room number that Luke and I will be in tonight.

I cant wait until I can nurse him constantly. I am doing good with pumping but it sure does get old. Its not nearly as relaxing as actually having Luke do the job!

I wish Karl could be with me up there, but I am trying to keep things as stable as possible for my princesses. They are already so confused, even if they dont know it. I have noticed that Keira has been extra whiney the last few days and Bri seems to be very tired. I feel so bad that I have had to disrupt them so much. They are very excited about the prospect of bringing baby brother home. I cant wait to see how the house dynamic changes with little one home.

Lastly, I am trying to finish up my schedules for school. I have to admit that I wonder how smart I am being going back to work with Luke so small. At least he will be with me and of course I have lots of help from all the wonderful ladies at work.

Well its that time again...

No comments: