Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bum Genius 3.0 Review

I am a month and a half into cloth diapering (we didnt use them while he was in the NICU) so I thought I would do a review now and then again later.

We have been using the newest version of AIO's by Bum Genius. This particular diaper incorporates everything I was looking for in a cloth diaper. It has a built on cover, is a pocket diaper, and the neatest feature of all, it has these handy dandy snaps in the front that make the diaper resizable for babies 8-35lbs. An apparent dream come true for the cloth diapering momma.

Pros- Besides the above it carries the typical pros for a CD. It reduces cost, diaper rash and is darn cute on babies booty. They are easy to wash, and come with the pocket liner as well as one to lay across the top of the inside of the diaper adding double protection for the big wetter or nightime use. They have a great resale value if they are in decent condition.

Cons- 8lbs is the bare minimum these diapers can handle and you would even do better to wait a little longer if your baby has skinny legs. As with all diapers any and I mean any peaking out of the liner will cause leakage. The color selection is limited to blue, green, white, yellow, and pink. No cute patterns and the colors are all pastel.

Cost wise they are on the $$ end with the diapers costing about $18 a piece. However, when I factored in the cost of having to buy a seperate cover I thought the price was quite comparable to other diapering systems. Add that to the fact that ideally they will last me until baby is potty ready and it is a really great deal. The initial investment for 24 diapers is $432. The cost of disposables greatly exceeds this over time.

Over all at the moment I am enjoying this diaper. I will be suplimenting my stash with some cute patterend diapers for holidays and just for fun but as for now the Bum Genius 3.0 are a staple in my diaper stash.

No comments: