Saturday, October 25, 2008

RAK

RAK, Random Act of Kindness. A totally unsolicited, unexpected act of kindness usually involving gifting an item to someone. I first heard the term on my crafting forums while participating in swaps, however I saw one today in real life that I thought was worth noting.

I was in CVS doing my deals before the sales changed, there were three young girls, cheerleaders from what I could tell, who were getting feathered boas. Anyways, they start checking out and then ask for a gift card. I think the cashier must have been new because he called the manager up for help. While the manager helps them the other cashier opens a second line and begins checking me out (haha you know what I mean!). When the three girls leave the manager comes over to our register to help with one of those Similac checks and she is in tears. The cashier asks her what is wrong. Turns out that the girls bought a $20 gc and gave it to the manager. Totally random strangers just doing something nice for another totally random stranger. It was really refreshing, especially coming from teenagers.

No comments: