Monday, October 13, 2008

My night last night

I had an interesting and scary night last night. I will start with my funny story first.

When I go to CVS and Walgreens I usually take one of the girls to lighten the load on Karl. Last night I took Brianna. Prior to us leaving she had been playing on her scooter in the kitchen and taken a tumble and hurt her tushy. She was still crying about it when we left but by the time we got to Walgreens had all but forgotten. As we were browsing the cleaning aisle she began to complain again so I told her that when we got back home I would look and see if she bruised it. Well apparently she missed the "when we get back home" part because my 4 year old then proceeded to pull down the back of her pants and expose her backside so that I could check for a bruise right there in the store! As cute as her little tush is I decided it best to ask her to quickly pull her pants back up. She had no idea why I was bothered by it and just continued to ask if I had found a bruise.

Now on to the scary. When I was checking out at CVS the lady behind the counter asked if Bri could have a candy. I said yes and she handed her a hard candy. Brianna has had hard candies on several occassions, and since she had been so good in the stores I didnt really think twice about it. Until she started choking on it. I mean really choking. I gave her a second to see if she was going to disloge it on her own but ended up grabbing her and doing the heimlich maneuver on her. Luckily two good pumps did the job and out the candy came, and I am chalking up my EMT training to remaining calm during the whole thing but after it was over I just dropped to my knees and hugged my baby girl. She of course was frightened and was crying. I grew at least 50 grey hairs from that incident.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

oh no . . I'm glad you knew what to do . How scary, and super gald she is ok.