Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Resolve is Waning

Ok so I am having some trouble convincing myself how wonderful it is that I pump every 3 hours. I feel like I am perminently attached to my pump and quite frankly I am sick of it. My goal was 6 months with 6 months frozen, but to be honest if I make it until tomorrow I feel like I will have accomplished something. Maybe its because my nipples feel like someone has carved craters into them, maybe its because I got a whopping 3 hours of sleep (and no it wasnt consecutive), maybe its because I am a quitter, but if it wasnt for the fact that formula is $20 a can for a 5 day supply...

2 comments:

julie said...

You're amazing to continue to pump every three hours...maybe just give yourself a breather. But hang in there! You won't have to do this much longer.

Brandie said...

You have made it so far already. Why dont you try pumping less often but getting more ounces? Have you tried switching him over to breast? Using a nipple shield? I cant imagine the cost of formula overtime.