Friday, September 26, 2008

School

So we are a few weeks into school and I am happy to report that I am really loving it. I have to be honest, when I was asked to do homeschool I was a bit nervous. I have never taught such a broad age range and with only seeing the kids two times a week I was really unsure of how things would go. Seriously though these kids are really great. Even after a day like today, which let me tell you was a bit of a rough one, I sit down at the end of the day and feel really good about what we have done. One thing I really love is that, while the parents send work for the kids to do during study hall, I get to do all the fun stuff with them: cooking, art, science projects and reading. We have our first field trip tomorrow to the 6th floor museum. It will be interesting to see how many I have show up.

We also have a very busy month so far. We have a birthday party every weekend for the next 3 weeks, then mom and I are considering doing a garage sale, which I so need to do. I am really ready to get my garage cleaned out, get my new deep freeze and get Luke's room finished. He wont be in it for a while yet but who doesnt like to see the rooms looking put together?

Ok I think I am done rambling for a bit.

1 comment:

julie said...

I'm so glad you like it. They are good kids. It makes my heart happy that the whole situation worked out so perfect. I am sure you are a perfect fit!