Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fans of Jesus

Ok I hope some of you don't get mad at me for saying this LOL...

On facebook you can be a "fan" of just about anything. I am not really sure what being a fan does for you. Maybe you get special page bling or something? Anyways, when I say anything I mean anything. I just noticed tonight that I can be a fan of Jesus as well as the Bible. Can I say this is really strange to me? I mean am I a "fan" of Jesus? I dont know. I am a follower of Jesus for sure. I love Jesus, reverence Him, and can't wait to meet him one day, but does saying I am a fan sort of belittle that reverence somehow? Like those t-shirts you can find with sayings like "Jesus Rocks" and "I am down with the J-man". It just doesnt seem right to make a Jesus fan club. Like we are Jesus groupies. Oh yes, I know that no one really means it that way and I suppose that respect and reverence all come in different packages from each individual, but being a "fan" of Jesus on facebook, well it's not for me.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I agree. I'm not a FB fan of anything. Did you know you can be a fan of slurpees now? And even Dallas? I think it's all poo. I just want to keep up with friends.