Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Momma has left the building

I need a break and I am feeling guilty for it. I need an extended period of not having to be mommy. Just a few hours. Why am I feeling bad about that? Aren't I supposed to be that super homeschooling mom who loves spending time with her kids so much she just can't bare the thought of being apart? I am not that quasi-attatchment parent who thrives on having a kid on her back and two under foot 24 hours a day? Why am I so burnt out right now?! This has nothing to do with wanting to send my kids to public school BTW :) It has to do with working the equivilent of a 92 hour work week + a part time job and NEVER getting a break. I am always on duty. Even when hubby is home. Not that he doesn't want to take some of the load because he does, but the kids naturally call my name when they need or want something so I spend just as much time saying "go ask your daddy" as I do if I just get up and take care of it. I spend every moment, even those asleep, being mom and I am just tired! /vent

1 comment:

Leann said...

You're not alone, Anna! I have been right there with you too many times to count!