Tuesday, April 3, 2007

My Passion

Scrapbooking. It is my release, not only for my creativity (or lack of LOL), but also for stress, sadness, anger, as well as my joy, peace and happiness. There is something about taking pictures of my family, and even some ordinary things (I once scrapped about Dr. Pepper) and turning it into "art". There is something to be said about pouring your heart and soul into something, and to know that one day my kids, and their kids, will be able to sit down and see a part of my heart that I can only express through my scrapbooking. You see, to me, it's not just about making a photo look pretty, it's about telling a story. The story of how that picture makes me feel, the emotions it envokes, the way it touches my heart. Sometimes that story is one of happiness and pure joy, other times it is sadness and heartache, but it is all me. Whether it be scrapbooking like me, or photography, or journaling, or whatever you do, I highly recommend having an outlet for your story. You may not think it's important, but I promise that later on someone somewhere will.

No comments: